Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Maxi for a day..


Remember when I said I needed a tripod?  Well I still do.  J graciously took pictures for me tonight but I'm the first to admit that they need serious work.  Regardless, I promised my friend Caitlin, who has a fabulous blog that I am forever impressed with, that I would wear my maxi skirt today and post pictures as proof.   So, however less than excellent these pictures are, I give you my Fisherman's maxi.  Most comfortable outfit ever. 





B couldn't help but jump in as much as possible, in fact, he attacked me at one point!


Skirt: Zara,  Sweater: Goodwill,  Boots: Steve Madden,  Bracelet:  Jewelmint

Do you ever look at new fads and swear that they arn't for you?  That's how I used to feel about maxis.  And then bam, this year I LOVE them. Even though most of the time they're the wrong shape, length, fabric, everything than what actually works with my body type.  I just stopped caring. Much like I've grown to love the mess that my hair is after showering at night and sleeping with a puppy on my head to dry it.   Sometimes that bohemian, carefree whatever is just as glorious as it sounds.  Coincidentally, leggings have rapidly followed suit.  I do not have model legs, in fact, they more resemble elephant trunks, if muscular ones.  But leggings are my new favorite work outfit, weekend outfit, sleeping outfit.  I blame my friend Hanna from Ireland.  She started it all years before anyone else did.  Long story short, this is my year of accepting my body and pushing past what I think I "should or should not wear" and learning to just go with it.  I haven't yet figured out how that works into my husband's idea of proper "lawyerly wife-ware" but I'm working on it.  And damn if I'll not be comfortable while I do so.  
I'd like to end with a shoutout to Brutus, my friend's plant that's survived since sophomore year of college and almost a full year in my care - Thank you for not dying on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, you look beautiful. So nice to see you in the blog world!

Lisa (Caitlin's mom)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I've also been eyeing up Maxis this year, and skinny jeans (which I've resisted for the last 6 or whenever they appeared). Here's to stretching the boundaries!

And I love the fisherman's sweater, perfectly accessorized with the furry companion!