Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brussells Sprouts, maybe?

Ok, I'm curious, are brussels sprouts really as good as everyone says they are? 

They don't look tasty, really at all, no matter the recipe.  


Ok, if I'm honest they look like little tiny cabbages.  Is that what they taste like?  As I read recipe after recipe I'm starting to worry that I never gave them a chance, I'd hear Brussels and run the other way.  Maybe its time to try them out?  

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Lemon

No way the boy will eat them, at least not the first try around.  Maybe, just maybe, if my little experiment works and I start raving, buying them in droves and cooking batches all week long...  Or, idk maybe he will give them a go.  He's weird like that sometimes. 

J likes cabbage, and so do I.  huh.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

If my local store has any tonight I'm going to grab some, roast them up and give them a try.  Might as well right?   Maybe I'll find my new favorite veggie.  


2 comments:

caitlin said...

they DO taste like cabbage, but i actually totally like them... if they are cooked enough and slathered in butter. otherwise they're just gross.

Gadget said...

Brussels Sprouts are one of the few things I just don't like. But I did give them a shot many times before coming to that conclusion. I've heard the best way to make them involves bacon, everything tastes better with bacon.