Monday, October 3, 2011

A Tale of Two Bags

Longchamp Pliage Shopper
Zara Pleated Shopper

One from the boy, one from the girl...er me. 

This past weekend J and I finally exchanged birthday gifts. Somehow this year we both knew what we wanted to get the other and had pre-purchased early.  I bought J a Stetson and it took FOREVER to arrive but it finally did, so we gave in.  I had earlier in the month birthday-treated myself to this fabulous leather tote from Zara to use as a carry-all for the multitude of stuff that I regularly tote around,  only to discover that my lovely hubby had the same idea!

Are we on the same mental page or what?

In fact, my pre-purchase caused a bit of trauma, mostly for me.  J raved for weeks how much I was going to love his gift and he was so proud that he had thought of something that I could actually use and then, of course, I go out and buy myself something for that very purpose.  Luckily, he loves me and loves bags and after way to much soul searching for something as silly as a bag I decided that two bags were way better than one and even though I had no idea exactly what he had gotten me I would trust him that it was different enough that I would be able to use both bags.

Of course, he was right and now we're all happy.

The end.

No comments: