Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grandpa shoes

The boy is sick, which means no fancy dinners or interesting treats this week, just soup and he's picky about his soups.  Last night I just gave up and went for take out miso soup and dumplings.  Since when does a soup, appetizer and one entree cost $20! at take out Chinese? We rarely indulge in take out, guess I know remember why.  
In other news, I've been obsessed lately with loafers.  It all started last summer when a random trip to DSW had me if-ing and oh-ing over a pair of navy Lauren by Ralph Lauren loafers that I loved, and yet just couldn't see on my feet - so I passed them up and then instantly regretted it and by the time I got back to the store they were all out.  Typical DSW style.  Lately, I've been coveting some vintage Etienne Aigner loafers and have been busy browsing Etsy like a crazy lady. 
After I missed the bus on Saturday, one of those I'm a half block away almost running, mentally yelling at myself that I knew I didn't have time to brush the dog, and I see it drive right on by..., I spent the 30 minutes til the next bus browsing at my local goodwill.  And tada!
A perfectly beat-up grandpa pair of Etienne Aigner loafers in my size.  I immediately snatched them up and then waited in line for what seemed like an eternity behind a woman with a FULL cartload of goodwill finds.  I was sure I was going to miss my bus again.  But I didn't. 

Fast forward 3 days later - and the second day of wearing the loafers:
Yeah, that's a huge chunk missing from the sole. :( My poor goodwill shoes.  

Never fear, I'm back to Etsy browsing.  

No comments: