Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the best banana bread ever

One of my good college friends sent me this banana bread recipe and its perfect.  Moist, tasty, super easy and 100% J friendly without any substitutions.  
 1/2 cup butter (unsalted) (1 stick)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla
3 mashed bananas

Preheat your oven to 320 degrees:


Mush your  3 almost black bananas and let them sit while you prepare the rest, the gooey-er the better.

Cream the butter and sugar.  (My house is too cold to leave butter out for that "room temperature" texture, but I've discovered this wonderful MELT button on my microwave and 15 seconds for 1 stick turns it the perfect cream texture.  
This was about where I realized that I have a Kitchenaid mixer and why was I doing this by hand?  I finally started my new (actually 2 week old untouched) exercise video routine on Sunday afternoon and my arms and back were killing me!  Luckily, it creamed up pretty quickly. 
Add the flour, salt and baking soda and mix!
Add the cinnamon and vanilla - true to my friend's original recipe notes, I always add extra of both of these :)
See how much gooey-er your bananas look now? 
Add the bananas to the rest and mix until just combined.
Toss into your greased bread pan and bake for about 50 minutes.
and perfection:
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Raggedy Ann said...

Yaaay the banana bread becomes famous!