Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bigger can be better


The problem with shopping online, is that you're never really sure what you're going to end up with.  Case in point, my last day in the office before Christmas I made a rushed decision to buy this capelet

Faux-Fur Lined Capelet

from Apart clothing, a new online retailer.  It arrived, i hated it.  It was too boxy, too big and too long.  I bought it during a Christmas sale, scoring it for 60% off the original price - meaning, no returns only exchanges from within those items that were also on sale when I decided to purchase this.  Apart very clearly mentioned this stipulation - I just failed to see it.   So, I decided to try this coat instead (I was determined to get something furry).

Faux-Fur Princess Coat


 Again, I hated it.  It was a tad too pheasant-y.  Apart graciously allowed me to exchange again - this time I went with jewelry.

Quartz Oval Cocktail Ring

Large oval 18k plated Brass/Rutilated Quartz Ring. Designed by Sheila Fajl 







When it arrived I was momentarily stunned by the size - its huge! But I quickly fell in love :)  

Does Resolution No. 1 make more sense now?? This was too much hassle and too many return fees, even though it worked out in the end.  Special thanks to Patricia at Apart for helping me through this mess.  
(first two photos courtesy of apartstyle.com)

No comments: