Tuesday, January 18, 2011

tripod anyone?

I utterly failed to blog at all this weekend, it wasn't that I didn't have ideas.  In fact, it was a pretty great weekend, busier than usual but filled with fun.  We did two things that hardly ever seem to happen anymore since law school started.  We entertained and we went out on a date!
Saturday our good friends came over for the first time since we moved in May that they've been there when J was also there.  How terrible is that? I made this from Kayotic Kitchen - I told you I was in love and our friends brought a tasty cranberry apple crisp and ice cream to finish the feast. It was good times.  I wore a loose plaid button up and a floor length skirt that I dearly wanted to get a photograph of but of course forgot :(
For our date on Sunday I wanted to wear something cute but also low-key - we just went to dinner and then a movie.  Problem is, J is a classic polo boy and always shows me up in a great pair of khakis, a button-down and blazer ensemble.  He's not into current fashion and would love nothing more than for me to wear a polo and sweater with nice khaki pants right along with him.  BORING.  I kinda hate khaki and I'm not all that fond of polos.  sigh.  I settled on a olive green corduroy skirt with a champagne blouse and khaki-colored cardigan.  I tied it all together with a funky green belt, cowboy inspired boots and gray tights.  J grudgingly told me I looked good.  (Once again, a picture would make this soo much better - but I just barely got ready in time to run to the bus so no picture was taken. I'll try to do better!!)

Long story short - I need a tripod. bad.

No comments: