Tuesday, January 25, 2011

fringe or no fringe?

I've been trying to grow my hair out for forever.   It all started with a fantastic pixie cut in late 2007 and ended with me, engaged and wanting long hair for the wedding.  We ended up making a quick stop at the courthouse last March but I'm still working on that long hair idea for our "big wedding" that we have roughly planned for the next year or two....  
 
In the meantime, its getting that length where I either need to add some fringe or I need to forgo the face-framing hair that I've had for idk forever!  I think its as long as its ever been and I'm having issues styling it.  (and major issues with the time it takes to do anything with it) Here are a few ideas I've found so far:

My hair right now is roughly the same length as the blonde picture, so if I added long side fringe it would look more or less like this. 

I like the piece-y look of the first but the length of the bangs here.
Knight Cat
I pretty much love everything about Kate's hair here and so far its the winner for "shots to bring to my hair lady" 
Olsen-Fashion
I've been obsessed with the Olsens since Full House. I really like how soft the bangs look in the first picture and how messy yet workable the whole look is in the second.  I also really like the final length of the second picture.  I need a fitted navy blazer!

I'm not sure these bangs would work as well with long layers but they're still great.

There are soo many great bangs out there, but there are also sooo many terrible bangs.  and so I hesitate.  Hopefully my hair lady will have ideas and work her normal magic and I'll spring out of this hair funk just in time for Valentine's Day and my anniversary.  

I'll leave you with B - after his brisk, freezing cold walk last night - I tossed on his "mittens" because his morning walk consisted of :
2 steps - puppy dog eyes - "my feet hurt" pathetic looking hopping - licks and then another bound into a snow pile; repeat.  
Dogs are too funny.

No comments: